rake adjuster

Paulwhite
This post is 5207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all was wondering the other day if there is a fixed rake adjuster out there?

i want to be able to adjust the rake without swapping parts.

iv come up with a design that would be welded to ur frame and allow you to adjust the rake to preset angles just by moving a bolt, but need to compare it to other ideas b4 i start spending money on testing.

iv had a gander on google and cant see anything remotely similar, just ur usual new yoke and fork setup.

so if anyone has heard of such a thing or can post a website id b grateful

cheers .Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Would that not cause handling difficulties?

Are you certain the bolt cannot come loose and that the moving parts all firmly lock in place?

yeah iv only made a prototype out of card, i know its a bit basic but it proves the theory. all iv got to do is make the part out of aluminium then start testing it to breaking point. just wonderd if there was any other rake adjuster in the market that isnt a whole new yoke setup. cause with my idea u wont need to change the yoke or buy a new one just modify ur frame slip the part on and away u go u can have up to 4 different rake settings.

Its been done before by the chopper boys. You have to be careful that you get the trail right, the rake isn't the critical dimension.

Get the trail wrong (which is easy when you adjust something like rake) and you can get into the situation of having negative trail. This will allow you ride off, but as the bike picks up speed it will become uncontrollable. Not good, too say the least, especially so with all the no win no fee lawyers about.

If I'm teaching you to suck eggs, I apologise, but i've come across this type variable rake mod several times, none ever worked and with the negative trail problem not many make it on the market.

can you explain the trail? and what effect it has on the bike? i havent heard of it before

cheers. Paul.

scrap that last post iv just googled it lol. i see what u mean now and with the design iv got it makes allot more sense why it hasnt been done b4 :D

might have to look into a way to adjust the wheel angle to sort it out

cheers for the comment it was very useful!

Wasn't one of the wow factors of the Ducati 916 an adjustable rake/trail?

it went from shallow and safe to steep and slappery, and used some sort of eccentric adjuster i think.

i dont know i havent heard of it before but looks like my plans went out the window thanks to speedshop lol

yeah i think its a bit beond my skills to make a rake adjuster that sorts out the trail.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online