who says Yamaha's are bad at starting

FZR AL
This post is 5155 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well the sun is out today, and i have been meaning to stick the battery on the FZR600 3he, but todays the day i have had the battery in the cellar on a optimate but just to be sure i put the meters on 12.45v great stuff, the bikes been laid up for 6 months i popped the battery in turned the key, neutral light on and i could hear the pump whizzing away, full choke, hit the start button and she churned away after about the 5th attempt i realised i had forgotten to turn the fuel tap on Doh!!!, yes i know i always forget :banghead: , 2 hits of the button and bang she burst into life. a quick look around brake check , lights, indicators tyre pressures (not lost a lb in pressure )left her to warm up just enough to get my leathers and lid and im away just done a little 5 mile jaunt to blow the cobwebs away,no problems at all. called in at the petrol station on the way back to fill her up already for the weekend.

who says yams are crap at starting -_-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No idea... My 125 Drag always, always, always started first go... any weather, any time, any condition.

I concur,

Although I use my bike (xj600s) all the year round so the battery doesn't go flat.

Even at 05:15 whatever the Jan/Feb weather chucked at me it started first time every time even though it is parked outside.

• 2 weeks later...

only ever had a problem with my SR125 once.............ignition barrel for water in and it froze but a lighter to the key and popped it in and away i went :P

but starts up everytime no matter how nice/bad the weather is!

well the sun is out today, and i have been meaning to stick the battery on the FZR600 3he, but todays the day i have had the battery in the cellar on a optimate but just to be sure i put the meters on 12.45v great stuff, the bikes been laid up for 6 months i popped the battery in turned the key, neutral light on and i could hear the pump whizzing away, full choke, hit the start button and she churned away after about the 5th attempt i realised i had forgotten to turn the fuel tap on Doh!!!, yes i know i always forget :banghead: , 2 hits of the button and bang she burst into life. a quick look around brake check , lights, indicators tyre pressures (not lost a lb in pressure )left her to warm up just enough to get my leathers and lid and im away just done a little 5 mile jaunt to blow the cobwebs away,no problems at all. called in at the petrol station on the way back to fill her up already for the weekend.

Due to working abroad my 2000 R1 sat since the end of Sep last year, I literally didn't touch it once all this time, took the battery out yesterday morning, charged it over night, just put it back in the bike, give it some choke and it came back to life like I rode it a week ago, now all it needs is MOT and road tax, I was going to sell it this year but I think I’ll keep it a bit longer. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online