89 soft front brake

thumbs
This post is 5314 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It has been gettin worse all the time but over a couple of years. I took er out this morning and the brake lever will go all the way to the grip and really doesn't put much pressure on the brake. Now I really haven't looked into it to deeply but the reservoir if full. It may have air in the line I haven't bled it yet.

Is there a rebuild kit for the brake lever, plunger or master cylinder? What do ya think it the most likely cause of the weak brake?

thanks for the help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you know the answer , in the short term bleed it . For a proper service strip and replace seals and fluid , possibly replace brake hose with braided .

BobC

Yeah that is probably it. I guess I was wondering if there is a rebuild kit for the master cylinder or if the parts are just 0 rings I can get at the hardware store. If I need a kit where do I get it?

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online