Brand Snobbery gone mad!

Pete
This post is 7220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Here's a stupid story!

I've been trying to get a screen for the XT, and only one company makes them....Secdem in France.

Their website is all in French, so I e-mail them in English saying I want to order a screen. And I get no reply! :roll:

So...I locate the only stockist of Secdem products in the UK...Motobins in East Anglia. I phoned them up and said I wanted to order a screen for my XT600. They refused to accept my order because they will not take any orders UNLESS it's for a BMW.

So for the sake of elitism and brand snobbery, these wankers turn business away! :shock:

The whole world's gone fucking mad! :roll:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look at Givi's site. They have a large range of screens. Also Busters do screens from various makers, as do Gericke and M&P.

Screens are very hit and miss. The benefits of decreased wind pressure are often/usually) cancelled out by increased wind noise and turbulence. I had a Givi on my CB1300 - after 20 miles I binned it, the increased wind noise and turbulence were horrendous. Others who used the same screen had no problems. Your height, your natural riding position and your helmet will all be factors in the equation. So, don't spend too much.

Are ya starting to get kinda soft there Pete? :? ......Old School Riders don't need no stinkin' windscreens! 8) :lol:

I've been riding without one for 20 years now :wink:

Are ya starting to get kinda soft there Pete? :? ......Old School Riders don't need no stinkin' windscreens! 8)  :lol:

I've been riding without one for 20 years now :wink:

You just don't understand how strong the wind in Wales can get :shock: when all the Welsh choirs start singing in the same direction :!:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online