XS 400 'rocker cap'

armyofda12mnkeys
This post is 5205 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

think my mechanic said it was 4 round things somewhere on the engine, and one of them was kinda broken off and almost ghettoly put back on, think the threads of it were bad so had trouble putting back on... not sure if that helps

Think he may have called it a 'valve cap' too.

think my mechanic said it was 4 round things somewhere on the engine, and one of them was kinda broken off and almost ghettoly put back on, think the threads of it were bad so had trouble putting back on... not sure if that helps

Think he may have called it a 'valve cap' too.

then yep, it's the "plug" part 25. valve cap/rocker cap, whatever.

hope it's just the threads on the cap, not the valve cover!

then yep, it's the "plug" part 25. valve cap/rocker cap, whatever.

hope it's just the threads on the cap, not the valve cover!

awesome thanks...

i also noticed the site you posted looked like the Yamaha Parts website...

and saw they get their stuff from them...

so i googled the part number...

and saw some listings in Google Shopping area...

and also ebay. Found another part i needed based on this search method that you helped me perfect haha...

Btw this site that showed up in google shopping results also looks like Yamaha Parts storefront but is cheaper than the site you sent + Yamaha Parts.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1978/XS400E/CYLINDER HEAD CYLINDER/parts.html

check it out ;)

nice find!

i will say the guys at nwvcp.com have my loyalty for the time being at least. ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they were out of stock on a $28 headlight socket. they refunded the complete price of the new socket, but threw in a used one for free. cool guys.

nice find!

i will say the guys at nwvcp.com have my loyalty for the time being at least. ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they were out of stock on a $28 headlight socket. they refunded the complete price of the new socket, but threw in a used one for free. cool guys.

there was a spread on them in the Classic bike mechanics last month, i think i used them a couple of times!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online