Looking for a DT125 Fanatic!

This post is 5197 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If you've read my other thread in general you'll know im making a documentary about the DT125 throught its life in production. I've been working through some research and I've decided I need a character to follow. Im looking for a person who knows everything there is to know about DT125's. I want this person to feature in the Documentary. If anyone is interested in this please either leave a message on pm me.

If you want to see some examples of my work, I'm just about to start editing a little studio lit scene of my 04dt, which i can send you.

Thanks in advance guys and girls!

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

I think you may have a hard time finding someone who knows everything about DT125's, if not an impossible time. If anyone does claim to, i would be very suspicious, there are just too many revisions/differences to know everything.

DT125 fanatics are easy enough to find, i suspect if you look in the mirror you may find one, looking at your bike list suggests as much  :P

My opinion is that you need to talk to alot of people to get a clear picture of the history of the DT125. Expecting to find just one person to answer your questions is wishful thinking and also kind of a short cut for what i would expect from a documentary about the DT125. 

Have you tried posting on other European forums in places such as France and Germany ? as i have recently learned, there is alot more knowledge about the DT125 in other countries,  it seems there are more popular over there than they are here.

A couple of places to try.

French one OG posted, they have a great understanding of the DT125  

http://translate.goo...6a2bcba6c88e5b9

A German one that deals mainly with the tunning side of the DT125

http://translate.goo..._08Y030WW7_NoHQ

Vez.

Awesome, thanks.

It's not supposed to be a shortcut but some of the best documentarys feature characters as it makes for a more interesting watch, allowing the audience to identify with someone and/or see a narrative rather than just a shed load of information (however well this maybe presented). When i say "everything" i may exagerating. Like you say, i know a fair amount myself, however ill be directing and filming the documentary.

I know a vast amount about the things that have changed from model to model over the years and obviously ill find out this much ten fold before the end, but the earlier DT's before 1980 is where my knowledge fails. Which is where the character would come in handy. Im only 19 so these older bikes are merely things i can gaze at and admire. I want someone who owned one when they were knew. Someone who has loved the since then and owns one again now or has done since. Someone with memories of riding around on one during the late 60's 70's 80's etc, when the mods and rockers were around. Who knows that role each model has played in history of both 125's and motorbiking in general.

My dad is a wealth of knowledge and has told me about the japs coming in and blowing british bikes out of the water amongst other things. He might be a possible character i could use to construct a story around, but im not sure about his acting ability and would much rather, ofcourse, use someone who means it!

Guest MaD.VeZ

Im no director/producer, just giving you my opinion as a potential viewer, so i hope you take it as that and not a dig or anything.

IMO you would need at least 2 people from different age groups, one from the earlier air cooled Dt125's and another from the later LC's onward. I reckon finding some into both will be quite difficult. Would using yourself be such a bad thing? 

Maybe a post in the classic section would yield some results for the earlier model riders?

I wish i could help more but i'm in the same boat as you, as in my knowledge/experience is limited to the later models.

Vez.

Im no director/producer, just giving you my opinion as a potential viewer, so i hope you take it as that and not a dig or anything.

IMO you would need at least 2 people from different age groups, one from the earlier air cooled Dt125's and another from the later LC's onward. I reckon finding some into both will be quite difficult. Would using yourself be such a bad thing? 

Maybe a post in the classic section would yield some results for the earlier model riders?

I wish i could help more but i'm in the same boat as you, as in my knowledge/experience is limited to the later models.

Vez.

No no, i dont take it as a dig. Everything you've said so far has been valid and extremely useful. Using myself might be ok if i could get a cameraman, but i was planning on operating camera myself as i know exactly what i want and that.

Thats actually not a bad idea. The 2 people thing. Ill definately look into that.

And i'll also post in the classic section.

Again very useful stuff, its really appreciated! I take it you aren't interested in featuring? About the later bikes i mean, or even just an interview?

Been doing some editing on some studio stuff i shot last wednesday and even though im gonna re shoot it, it looks very promising. Ill Upload some later 2night if i have time.

Got a sport relief cycle 2moro morning though from worthing to hastings so need to get some sleep at some point!

Over and out!

A Very Rough Cut, but works to show the kinda thing im working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lefagftIkk

Ignore the audio, had some retarded fashion students next door screaming and squealing about a hat or somthing. Took alot not to go in there and strangle them with their "fashionable pointless scarf things"....

Very cool! Nice camera work, looks professional. Favorite focus bit was the one at 0:12. I don't have much info myself but I think I saw a whole article on the old Air cooled 125's in a bike magazine. I'll see if I can find it, the writer was from that era and did a lot of nostalging while talking about the bike. He'd be a good person to get in contact with.

Guest MaD.VeZ

The thought is good, but I'm more a behind the scenes sorta person tbh.

I would have your audience asleep in 5 mins :lol:, not to mention the 500ish mile round trip between us. 

The vid looks quality mate, i second what CameronMac says about the 0.12 bit, real smooth  :thumb: 

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online