steering on 2005 dt125re

paulw378
This post is 5305 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have never had a dt125re before but have been told the handling is great, but on riding mine when going in a straight

line feels ok but as i turn there feels a bit of resistance and then suddenly turns, what could be causing this as

it doesnot fill me with confidence when riding

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have never had a dt125re before but have been told the handling is great, but on riding mine when going in a straight

line feels ok but as i turn there feels a bit of resistance and then suddenly turns, what could be causing this as

it doesnot fill me with confidence when riding

Check tyre pressures, about 20psi front, 22 psi back is good. ;)

Could also b the bearings going in the top or bottom of the forks (stearing head bearings) although unusual for a 05 bike

Get the front of the bike off the ground, then grab the bottom of the forks and attempt to push and pull on them into and away from the front of the bike.

There should be no movement felt.

Also make sure there is no cables getting fouled when turning the stering.

Guest MaD.VeZ

When i got my DT125RE new there was alot of flex in between the front wheel and the handle bars. Torqued all the fork bolts etc. and it helped a bit. Fitted a pair of renthals and it more or less sorted it(go for renthals with a cross bar if you do upgrade). The headstock and standard bars are cheap rubbish tbh. Not like the older DTR's which are solid as a rock.

Vez.