yamaha rs 100 torque induction restoration

yammy
This post is 5271 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im new to this site im in the middle of restoring my rs and am considering an expansion chamber but cant seem to find one if anyone has any suggestions i would be very gratefull

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

im new to this site im in the middle of restoring my rs and am considering an expansion chamber but cant seem to find one if anyone has any suggestions i would be very gratefull

heres a good suggestion ...dont bother .. back in my teenage years (a Looong time ago) I fitted a Micron Expansion to my RS100

result .. 5mph on top end and a bit of an acceleration boost, got tired of the noise after a bit and sold it to a mate and refitted the standard exhaust (after modding it a bit) ... result bike with standard exhaust faster on takeoff and top end and QUIET !!

the mod to the standard exhaust I hear you cry .... remove the baffle from the end and shorten it by half .. no increase in noise and a bit more power

JD :)

heres a good suggestion ...dont bother .. back in my teenage years (a Looong time ago) I fitted a Micron Expansion to my RS100

result .. 5mph on top end and a bit of an acceleration boost, got tired of the noise after a bit and sold it to a mate and refitted the standard exhaust (after modding it a bit) ... result bike with standard exhaust faster on takeoff and top end and QUIET !!

the mod to the standard exhaust I hear you cry .... remove the baffle from the end and shorten it by half .. no increase in noise and a bit more power

JD :)

Yep, mate of mine did exactly the same. Fitted micron, fafed about posing for a bit then sold it and cut down the std baffle. RXS100's don't give power up easy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online