DT 50 MX need help :(

Samwhitt69
This post is 5303 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, ive recently had a complete engine rebuild with 43mm piston put in instead of a 39mm, i had a complete new crank, con rod kit the lot. The job was done professionally and cost quite a bit...

The first day out i went up a rather steep hill and i was told not to go over 30 mph for the first 500 miles... i was aproaching the hill in 5th and it started to loose power going neeeeeeeeeeeee, so i knocked it down a gear and it did the same through all the gears. Got to second gear and it conked out and skided.

I told the garage and they just said was it a big hill? i said yes then they said well keep an eye on it because it is only little 60cc not alot of power... So i thought nothing of it.

Yesterday (2 weeks later) i was going along a straight in 5th doing about 40mph and it happened again several times in that day :/ i thought it was the carb not letting enough fuel into the engine because when it stops it kicks over straight away.

I finally got to my destination and it conked out completly so i pushed it there, left it a few hours, went to go home and when i kick it doesnt do any thing (doesnt sound like theres any fuel in it at all pehaps the float??)

I told my step dad and he said it sounds like its seizing ???

Help will be extremely apprieciated :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bad news Sam, your stepdad is probably right, it sounds like a heat sieze and you may have damaged your new barrel, pison and rings, best get the gead off and ghave a look.

is the motor able to turn still?

Did you up jet the carb, if so from what to what?

WildFoamy would be a good guy for advice here I think, ;)

...Paul

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It still kicks over but wont start, and the wheel still turns.

I dont think the carb was re-jetted when i got the bike back so i thought its lack of fuel because it wont kick over now, feels like its empty but its got a full tank

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It still kicks over but wont start, and the wheel still turns.

I dont think the carb was re-jetted when i got the bike back so i thought its lack of fuel because it wont kick over now, feels like its empty but its got a full tank

but did it seize? did it damage the bore? and are you going to jet up?

Like I say, send widfoamy a PM ;)

Taking it back to the garage tonight then see what the problem is (more money...) then im selling the thing

in my opinion if a garage did this for you then they are responsible, they should put it right for you...did they jet up, negligent if they didnt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online