aerox fuel starvation

yossp
This post is 5304 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi.i have a 2006(06) yq50r. just started fuel problems. the idle speed is ok but when i pull away it moves of then seems to starve of fuel.i have put a new carb ,manual choke and air filter on it.it happened with my old carb to. thought i would just replace the carb but still same prob.could it be faulty vacuum fuel cock. please help as this is doing my head in.have cahanged the cylinder and piston.new carb.air filter. what else could it be.i fine on tick over.

so basicaly fine start, pull away then when seem to hit 20mph ish it seems to starve of fuel.but when i stop it does not cut out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes it could be the vacuum tap. I'm not familiar with the model....But check the vac pipe is ok and not trapped / kinked. If it looks well is there any way to pull it off from the manifold, also pull off the fuel pipe from the carb spigot suck on the vac pipe and see if fuel flow is ok...I appreciate this may be difficult but it is a tried and tested check of vac fuel taps.

...Paul

Yes it could be the vacuum tap. I'm not familiar with the model....But check the vac pipe is ok and not trapped / kinked. If it looks well is there any way to pull it off from the manifold, also pull off the fuel pipe from the carb spigot suck on the vac pipe and see if fuel flow is ok...I appreciate this may be difficult but it is a tried and tested check of vac fuel taps.

...Paul

hi.thanks for help.the vacuum pipe connects straight to the carb. i havr sucked pipe and fuel comes out. maybe vacumm tap going wrong when i use more throttle.? greatful for any tips. as just brought new carb/air filter and bike still dodig it.

hi.thanks for help.the vacuum pipe connects straight to the carb. i havr sucked pipe and fuel comes out. maybe vacumm tap going wrong when i use more throttle.? greatful for any tips. as just brought new carb/air filter and bike still dodig it.

Like i say I'm guessing here but

There should be two pipes, on large bore one which is the fuel pipe and one smaller pipe which would be the vac pipe.

Pull each off the carb and suck on the small one, there should be NO fuel in this one, when you suck and cause a vacuum then fuel should come out of the other one.

If there is fuel coming from the small one then there is a problem with the diaphragm in the fuel cock.

Hopefully you have been sucking the wrong one and thats why fuel came out?

Like i say I'm guessing here but

There should be two pipes, on large bore one which is the fuel pipe and one smaller pipe which would be the vac pipe.

Pull each off the carb and suck on the small one, there should be NO fuel in this one, when you suck and cause a vacuum then fuel should come out of the other one.

If there is fuel coming from the small one then there is a problem with the diaphragm in the fuel cock.

Hopefully you have been sucking the wrong one and thats why fuel came out?

cheers again.i suck on little hose and fuel comes out big one.no fuel comes through the little one.think i might buy new fuel cock.replaced everything else nearly so far and still this problem. thanks for your efforts.

cheers again.i suck on little hose and fuel comes out big one.no fuel comes through the little one.think i might buy new fuel cock.replaced everything else nearly so far and still this problem. thanks for your efforts.

Ehh? that's exactly what is supposed to happen, nothing wrong with the fuel cock then. Must be a problem elsewhere like rollers or whatever. Not familiar with twist n go's though :unsure:

Ehh? that's exactly what is supposed to happen, nothing wrong with the fuel cock then. Must be a problem elsewhere like rollers or whatever. Not familiar with twist n go's though :unsure:

hi. i took new air filter of replaced with old stadard one tightened all pipes up and twisted air/tick over screws and seems to be ak now.touch wood. hope gets me to work today without any probs.fingers crossed.just want to say thanks for feedback/ advise you gave me.cheers.