XT125R Squeeling Rear wheel

Gaarmstrong318
This post is 5311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys. i have a XT125R (58 plate brand new when purchased) and yesterday the rear wheel started shaking while riding. so i stopped checked it over saw nothing out of place so carryed on home, got home fine not a problem. went to work this morning and after about 4miles or so the rear wheel/end of my bike made sounds like i was running over a grate, so i slowed down trying to nurse to my work where i can call up the dealership and get it looked at. but less than a mile later while going at 25Mph the rear whell started the squeak then squeel for short bursts. so i stoped again and checked it over and still no sign of anything out of the ordinary. so i set off this time at 10MPH for the last mile or so into work. and it was still doing it pretty much all the way. short squeel followed by and feeling that i was running on a flat tire. go to work and checking it over again still nothing apprat from the read wheel can move ever so slightly from side to side.

Any ideas would be helpful and im at my wits end with this bike its broken down every month since i've had the f***ing thing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1)might not be put on properly

2)wheel bearings might be worn

3)the inside wall of the rear wheel might be worn and may need a new rear alloy wheel

Your Wheel bearings are shot, get them replaced before they collapse. Have you used a jet wash to clean the bike as this will force water into unwanted places (Bearings & Electrics)

Adam.

if it dont get them to pick it up mate my old yamaha dealership came and picked my bike up when it was KO after my crash lol but im sure they will come out if its not safe to ride it they normally charge 30 quid on top of your bill.