Fazer spec?

fazer6
This post is 7265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A friend who has been away from bikes for far too long keeps taking the p*** out of me for having a fazer and asking when I'll get a 'proper' bike. I can only presume he knows nothing about how damn fine my pride and joy is, he reckons when he was riding (many years ago) fazers weren't very good.

I've tried to find info about my 2003 fazer and can only find the newer model info. I'd like to know the 0-60 and bhp/tonne, anyone have any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:hi to the forum Fazer6!

I'm picking up a Fazer myself later this week and selling my Divvy 900, so I was looking for similar info yesterday! :D

The standard bhp is 95 at factory settings but if you change the exhaust/engine set-up you can easily acheive 110 :twisted:

If there are no mods done at all then the bhp delivered at the wheel will reduce over the years as the engine wears.

The top speed (without any mods) is 141mph, but I couldn't find any info on 0-60/0-100. I would guess its gonna be around 4-5 seconds? :wink:

Tell your friend, if he thinks Fazers aren't "very good" and slates the performance, then if he ever considers getting another bike, he Definately needs to get some refresher training before he does somthing stupid!

Yeah or better still, Get him on the back of yours and watch him S**T himself :lol: .. But ride safe, Don't go mad just coz hes with u, ..

Sorry #-o i sound like MY dad. :D

I know Bazz how dare he say that about my pride and joy, and lets face it I'm 25, 5'4", 8 stone and female, jeez I think I'm doing pretty well to actually have my own bike. Performance-wise I can't fault it, I use it to commute and to go out to play at weekends and it does does all I need it to.

Being small kind of cuts down my choice anyway, I had a sit on a fazer thou last night and couldn't lift it off the side stand. Kind of gutted really as I always thought I'd move up to one when I 'grow up'.

My so called friend tried to say it wasn't very good at cornering and kind of barbled on about it not being very quick... To be honest I reckon he's just jealous that he has nothing and I have a lovely piece of machinery.

Yeah or better still, Get him on the back of yours and watch him S**T himself

He's actually said he'd never go on the back of me, I reckon it's just male pride, that and the fact that he's twice my weight. That'd be a funny sight though.

:-k mmmm, Female, 25, 5'4", 8 stone, plays out at weekends, AND rides a Fazer! :loved

:wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To be honest, if your "friend" thinks they're not very fast and no good for cornering, it just shows their own ignorance and lack of ability as a rider!

Glad to have ya aboard Fazer6 :hi

Sounds like your "friend" has a bit of a Jealousy issue with you actually enjoying yourself on a fine piece of machinery :wink:

What I'd give for an '03 Fazer :lovex .....as they didn't import 'em over here till this year :?

Yeah exactly he's just jealous because #1 I have a bike and he doesnt, #2 I have a new bike (well OK a year old now but still only owned by me) and he doesnt, #3 I look damn fine in leather and he doesn't.

Most blokes are happy enough if their other halves don't complain if they have a bike, even happier if they agree to go out on the back, and would be chuffed if they had their own bike.

Thanks for all the votes of confidence everyone next time he dares to say anything about my lovely bike I'll just point out that he's showing his ignorance and should read up on how much of a fantastic all rounder my fazer is.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing in a german bike magazine that tested it 3,4s 0-100km/h. (Same magazine tested the new FZ6, 3,5s 0-100km/h http://www.motorradonline.de/d/131413/?tem...d_bi_datenblatt)

And i've seen data showing 12,3s time for qt.mile. http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals_motos.htm

All standard.

I recommend downgearing, more fun that way.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online