headlight trouble

80slider
This post is 5310 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good Morning everyone, I'm new to your site and am finding it very rewarding so far. Thank you all. I'm restoring a '83 XJ750R. When I bought the bike it had a huge round headlight on it. The '82 I used to have had a square one on it so I've changed it out to the square one. I just downloaded the wireing diagram, and am wondering, Is the headlight to come on when you turn the key on or after the bike starts? I've tested the bulb and it's alright and the wires all seem to be ok.

thanks

stay safe..

chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i dont know about ur model but most bikes the light comes on when u turn the key and ur switch is on.q

Good Morning everyone, I'm new to your site and am finding it very rewarding so far. Thank you all. I'm restoring a '83 XJ750R. When I bought the bike it had a huge round headlight on it. The '82 I used to have had a square one on it so I've changed it out to the square one. I just downloaded the wireing diagram, and am wondering, Is the headlight to come on when you turn the key on or after the bike starts? I've tested the bulb and it's alright and the wires all seem to be ok.

thanks

stay safe..

chris

I can only presume that being in the States the Seca is equivelent to our Diversion. On my xj600 Divvy you turn the headlight on/off by a switch on the RH handlebar cluster. If you leave the headlight on when you turn the ignition off the headlight will go off, When you turn the ignition back on the headlight will come back on. If youv'e got a good battery that's fine, but if not I would suggest you turn the headlight off before turning the ignition off.

Good Morning everyone, I'm new to your site and am finding it very rewarding so far.

Welcome Chris! Mine comes on when I turn on the key.. :welcome:

Thanks every one for your coments. Actually, this is what I as affraid of, so I'll keep going thru the wireing. It seems that I have trouble some where there.

thanks again everyone....

stay safe..

chris