Goodbye old friend :'(

wild foamy
This post is 5303 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well peeps, lack of space and with the arrival of the XJ, the time has come to move the DT on to a better life...

wish i had chosen a more dignified send-off than eBay though :(.

chances are in a few years time i will be wanting to buy it back...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well peeps, lack of space and with the arrival of the XJ, the time has come to move the DT on to a better life...

wish i had chosen a more dignified send-off than eBay though :(.

chances are in a few years time i will be wanting to buy it back...

How could you foamy :o

I would acvise you to delete this bit though

"bike has been down once when turning in a wet/slippy carpark and again on an icy road, bike was not damaged apart from a few scratches on the right-hand handguard"

People would expect a scratch on the handguard as you rode it through the trees in the woods. ;)

The been down bit just doesnt need saying if thats all thats wrong.

i know OG, i will surely be kicking myself if/when it sells. i will revise the listing and see how things go...

i saw a white DT50 field bike in a breakers yard and it brought a lump to my throat, but the seller wanted £150 for it which was just too much...

i know OG, i will surely be kicking myself if/when it sells. i will revise the listing and see how things go...

i saw a white DT50 field bike in a breakers yard and it brought a lump to my throat, but the seller wanted £150 for it which was just too much...

You sure youre selling the right one here?

isnt there a Jawa cluttering up the shed somewhere :rolleyes:

yes there is a jawa hiding in the shed but now ive managed to get the forks back (albeit still not rechromed) i will be moving that one up to cosford and sorting it out (hopefully).

28 views and 5 watchers in half an hour, not bad methink, already had someone offer me £200 for it but im letting the auction run.

but if this sell goes well it may persuade me to get the Jawa back on ebay where it came from :P

Aye good luck with it Foamy, i'm sure it will sell

If it doesnt though, keep it and sell the Jawa (you know it makes sense) after all the XJ can live under a cover while you sort it out.

Just think...when you are an oldFoamy you can go to classic rallies on the DT :D

Thats sad, but "wit ye oan aboot fanny bawz " you've got a real bike now WAY-HEY :(:lol:

well peeps... the bloke is coming to collect it tomorrow at 10... :'(

its going to be an emotional sendoff... may ask him to keep my number and address so that if he wants to sell it in the future i can have first refusal

turned out to be a tyrekicker... foamy is displeased >:(

ah well, its back on ebay now... anyone on the forum fancy giving it a good home?

ah well, its back on ebay now... anyone on the forum fancy giving it a good home?

Time to get the negative feedback sorted!

Hate wasters like that - should've taken a wheel brace to him

sorry to hear that steve,there are a lot of arseholes out there and most of them seem to be on e bay.

last night i was looking at a moto guzzi california on e bay near to finishing and it was the right money for me when out of the blue 12 bids one after the other without anybody else bidding in knocking the price up £1400 the auction finished,just out of curosity i looked at the bids they were all from the same guy who had zero feedback, what an arse hole the seller thinks he has sold the bike, the only other bidder was me and a different guy who wanted the bike but pulled out of the bidding like me

was it the seller trying to bump the price up? or just some arse hole whos bored. :angry:

have bought a few bikes of e bay next time steve ask for a deposit by paypal end of auction and if any body pisses you about make sure you give them very bad feed back. better luck this time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online