Midnight Star 950....

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5315 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

With all the let down from Yamaha over the go-anywhere 1200 Tenere, by let-down I mean yes the bike will go anywhere, if you can afford the dammed thing and as long as there is a road.........

Sorry,

Anyway, I was considering chopping in the XJR1300 for the New Tenere, but that's a none starter so I was looking at what else I could get.. And by chance I fell over the MidnightStar on the website.

I know Goff has one, but my question to you all, well those of you who have some experience of cruiser ownership, what are the pro's and con's of one of these bikes ?

The XJR is a bit of a plaything, and the only one of my bikes I use for pillion, so it has to be comfortable for the missis. It has to be capable of hauling her luggage and my toothbrush!

I've always like the whole cruiser ownership thing, but at close to £10 it's a big jump for a bloke who is happiest covered in crap halfway along a deserted track, or trundeling along a road with more holes than a fishing net.

So, ups and downs of ths sort of bike please ..... ->

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I hate Classic styling and they don't make a Custom version.

I hate chrome and only clean mine - I rarely polish it.

I am not fond of belt or chain drives.

It's an unfaired bike, designed for cruising at motorway speeds. 90mph+ is hard going for some.

However - Cruisers are comfy as heck (get a backrest for yer pillion) and real pleasure machines.

I'd have other bikes too, but they'd all be second fiddle to the Cruiser!

To know anything more, you'd need to ride one.

It cannot be spoken of, taught or in any way articulated - It must be experienced!!!

It cannot be spoken of, taught or in any way articulated - It must be experienced!!!

That's the trouble, there's no though process with a second bike, it's kinda simple that way, but it's a big step for me.

The reality is, if I'm honest, is I want someone to give me the downside, crapside and shityside of owning a cruiser.... That way I'll keep my money in the bank (well thier money really, they are on 0% at the momment)

I did have a go on one of these a while ago, but I got sick of scraping the foot paddels on the road at junctions and roundabouts!

Cool_Rider.jpg

I just did give you the downsides.

It's not a fast bike, so if you're scraping the pegs, then you're going into the corner too fast.

I've managed to scrape the pegs as low as 10mph before in a lovely slow turn.

Looks crap if you don't polish it.

Custom accessories cost a lot.

They are usually quite heavy.

They are only ridden by Rockstar wannabes, posers, tossers, posing tossers and hard-as-nails 1% Outlaw bikers.....

I'm trying real hard to come up with real bad sides, but there aren't that many, TBH.

Maintenance is usually great, as there's no fairing or anything in the way.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online