Cleaning Injectors

2 Wheels
This post is 5315 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have any of you got any DIY tips on how to clean Injectors in a diesel engine ?

Apart from the stuff you mix with the diesel as a cleaning agent.

I was thinking more of backward flushing them !

Any thaughts ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you want to totally shag them do that. Injectors work on extremely fine tolerances and at pressures high enough to inject fuel under the skin (I believe that is fairly fatal) . Messing about with them yourself will only leave them with odd spray patterns and likely never to run the engine well again. Take them to a professional diesel pump shop to get them checked and calibrated.

If you want to totally shag them do that. Injectors work on extremely fine tolerances and at pressures high enough to inject fuel under the skin (I believe that is fairly fatal) . Messing about with them yourself will only leave them with odd spray patterns and likely never to run the engine well again. Take them to a professional diesel pump shop to get them checked and calibrated.

Yes that is one good option.

Three of them are spraying propper but one of them is only spraying some of the time.

So whatever has got into the one on the last cylinder must still be fairly loose as it workes sometimes.

I wonder how could i get it out without causing any damage. eg. maby soak it in petrol for a while.

Depends on how new the engine is, but if its anything modern I've only ever had luck having them rebuilt. Messing about with them mysellf only ever left them causing the engine to smoke heavily or to run badly. If its off an old tractor or something you might be able to take it apart and clean it with good results.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online