Riding with earphone in?

YAMAHA MAN
This post is 5313 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

as far as i know its illegal coz it distracts you and blocks out surrounding noises

It depends what your listening to, Michael Buble, Wham, haircut 100, East 17, Justin Trousersnake etc might get you 3 penalty points and £60 fine, best advice is to go along to your local police station with your tracklist and ask there :mellow:

as far as i know its illegal coz it distracts you and blocks out surrounding noises

And wearing earplugs ?

----

The problem isn't with wearing and listening to music, that in itself is not a crime (unless as barkwindwinder says you have some dubious choices). But you should consider the effect it has on your attention and what you can and cannot hear. If your visual observation is good then there realy isn't a problem.

You could find yourself in the possition, after an accident, of being questioned about your attention to your riding, with a view to riding with undue care, but the reality is that a huge proportion of riders ride with some kind of audio, be it Phone, music, bike-to-bike or sat-nav.

It's your choice, but think about how you will switch it on and off should you need to. Invest in a set of plugs that have a waterproof volume knob or on/off facility and you'll be fine.

Volume is a problem, the faster you go the less you can hear it! and when you slow down, the volume required to listen at 70mph is a bit loud when you stop! If you have good quality in-ear plugs then this is not an issue

As mentioned - Listening is NOT illegal.

Otherwise you'd never have motorcycle lessons, would you?

Besides - Cars have stereos...

However - Failing to pay due care and attention IS illegal.

My other half cannot ride without music in her ears.

I just listen to the engine, most times. I have ridden occasionally with some sounds and I use an MP4 Watch.

I also use a CB radio a fair bit.

Just make sure you pay complete attention.

:D

Copy that, copy that. Got me a ballet dancer at my back door, gets me 10-2 barefoot. I'm copying the mail while they blow my doors off, passing by with their go-go girls. Kicked down the hammer lane the other day, motion lotion bleeding away... got sat in some roller skates' rocking chair for about 20 miles!!

biggrin.gif

Copy that, copy that. Got me a ballet dancer at my back door, gets me 10-2 barefoot. I'm copying the mail while they blow my doors off, passing by with their go-go girls. Kicked down the hammer lane the other day, motion lotion bleeding away... got sat in some roller skates' rocking chair for about 20 miles!!

"I dinna can we ya sayin"

good buddy

10-4

FYI - 'Good Buddy' no longer means good buddy.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online