Divvy's going for a Fazer!

Bazz
This post is 7267 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can't deny the Divvy 900 is a great bike, comfortable, plenty of torque, and a great riding position for teaching, but........well basically i'm bored with it now! :shock:

On the downside, it's big, cumbersome, heavy and, as my girlfriend calls it, an old mans bike-chair!! :x

A friend of mine owns a second-hand bike showroom and workshop, and has taken a '98 S reg Fazer 600 in p/x for another. He called me on Saturday and basically it's two owners from new, good all round condition, full service and mot,and datatagged. He's had his eyes open for somthing for me for a while and has offered it to me for £1,500. It's smaller, lighter, more responsive, more economical, and really fun in the bends! :twisted:

I'm stuck between the two!

Does anyone have any input that might sway me one way or the other?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've had 2 Fazers (1 new) and a Divvy 9.

If I was doing predominantly 2 up motorway work then the Divvy is the bike for it.

Any other circumstances and the Fazer pisses all over it.

Goes like stink, 55mpg, handles great, smooth, comfortable, and much lighter than the Divvy.

2 up you have to work a lot harder to maintain a pace though and you're continually up and down the box.

But for all round road bike purposes the Fazer has no equal IMO.

Noooo .. Don't do it [-o< stick with the divvy :P

:-k Did someone say smooth, Sod it get the fazer :)

My divvy makes my throttle hand numb after a 15 mins ride. and im sure it not from holding it to tight, I know all divvys have that nasty vibrations at 4K revs, But mine has change from just 4K to 3.5K to 4.5K, which is a pain in the arse coz i keep having to do the bloody river dance on the gear selector :fit

Doing 40mph on the by-pass .. Quick wheres 5th my hands can't take it.

Anyone have any tips on how to make it a bit better, vibes just at 4K would be great :hbang

But mine has change from just 4K to 3.5K to 4.5K,  

Anyone have any tips on how to make it a bit better, vibes just at 4K would be great  :hbang

My XJ750 Maxim does the same Damn thing.......& I'm positive that the culprit is the carbs are outta synch....maybe have a look there :wink:

Mark, if your hand is aching after such a short time there's two possibilities; either you're too rigid in the seat with your weight resting on your wrists instead of sitting with arms and shoulders relaxed, or the throttle is too tight, in which case take the assembly off the bar, lube the cable and throttle twist really well with oil, and make sure it is not overtightened when you put it back on the bars.

As for the vibes, Yammy got it in one! I balanced my carbs just after getting the bike and although it didn't cure it completely, it definately reduced the vibe to a tolerable level! :wink:

Unless i'm in traffic i usually ride at 5krpm anyhow, that keeps it smooth and makes instant engine braking or accelaration available all the time :twisted:

Well, I took the plunge! The Divvy is being picked up tonight and I get the Fazer tomorrow night after work. :D:D:D

Big downside with the timing is that i'll have to use either a Shitsuki GS or gay H*nd@ CB500 tomorrow for instructing :oops: Thank god i'm on CBT's and only do 2 hours on the road with it!

Can't wait till Sunday though, all-day road ride training on the Fazer, should be a wizz! :wink:

Well i sure ain't regreting it!

The Fazer's a real blast! :twisted:

I used it for training on Sunday which made light work after the Divvy, then we had some real fun down the twisties around north Worcestershire :wink:

One of our guys raves about his CBR600 - ...........well he used to, he's suddenly gone quiet now it's me waiting at the other end for him! 8)

I'll take some pics at the weekend and post them next week.

I've not used it late enough in the evening yet to find out for sure, but they look about as useful as bloody torch :shock:

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for the info!

I've seen loads around with only the single light on, mine has had a conversion done so that both work on dipp, but they're aiming right not left :(

Better sort it damn sharpish :oops: