Best day of the year so far

This post is 5315 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i have holidays i need to use up so decided to go for a potter round on the new toy, Lots of pics of my bike coz i love it an a bit of scenery too :D

Standege road between Diggle and Marsden near the summit, still a surprising amount of the white stuff left here.

102_1451_900.jpg

Road to Marsden

102_1452_900.jpg

Holmfirth, last of the summer wine country

102_1453_900.jpg

Self indugence :rolleyes:

102_1457_900.jpg

Two pics near Stocksbridge

102_1459_900_1.jpg

102_1460_900.jpg

And on to Castleton, one of the tourist attractions of the peak district. first pics 'Where did the road go' ? Mam Tor road

From Wikipedia

Mam Tor is a 517 m (1,696 ft) hill near Castleton in the High Peak of Derbyshire, England. Its name literally translates[vague] as Heights of the Mother[citation needed] and it is also known as the Shivering Mountain on account of the instability of its lower shale layers.[1] Indeed, in 1979 the continual battle to maintain the A625 road (Sheffield to Chapel en le Frith) on the crumbling southern side of the hill was lost when the road officially closed as a through-route.

At the base of the Tor and nearby are four show caves: Blue John Cavern, Speedwell Cavern, Peak Cavern and Treak Cliff Cavern where lead, Blue John, fluor spar and other minerals were once mined.

Evidence for the continued movement of the slide mass is demonstrated graphically by the complete destruction of a road that once crossed the width of the failure. The road was originally built at the beginning of the 1800s and was subsequently relaid until local authorities closed the road in 1979. Layers of tarmac and gravel are up to 2 metres thick in places, demonstrating the numerous efforts to keep the road open.

102_1465_900.jpg

102_1464_900.jpg

Last pic, still in castleton...Winatts pass, It's a steep bugger.

102_1466_900_2.jpg

125 km's...a nice afternoon out, hands freezing, big smile and no flies on the teeth :D

How was you day?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great pics there Paul, scenery looks amazing-love the 'Tor' pic, can you imagine racing up to that in a thick foooooog, been really sunny and clear up here too, not a cloud in the sky-and no snow either ! B)

Nice pic's there, some great scenery, the DT is looking well !

Bet you enjoyed that !

Was a lovely day here to, nice and sunny but very cold.

Do a couple of trips like that and you will have brake in miles covered in no time cool.gif

Braw scenery you" auld bugger", hope to sample some wen down south this year, you"l be puttn miles on that mint example , you liquid cooled rebel youbiggrin.gif

I expected you to leap that little road deviation!!

never mind, best bit was no other traffic around, lovely :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online