Advanced Rider Training

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5316 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It is widely accepted that the UK Motorcycle Police are the best trained riders in the world (not least by the UK Police!), this has forged a link between what these guys do and the normal civilian riders in the form of the IAM and ROPSPA.

So in the UK we have Civilian Advanced Riders who have trained and passed examinations that lead to the coverted 'Advanced Rider' status. Personally I feel that this is normal riding not advanced, and those that do not ride to this standard are 'learning' (you can still ride to the standard without taking the test). So, here in the UK there are bodies who will teach you and help you to improve your riding (or driving) to the benifit of everyone around you (if you've taken the training then you'll understand).

The question here, and it is aimed at the international community (rather than the UK based riders) is,

Do you have, in your country a recognised body/group who provide advanced training, what is it called, are the affiliated to the Governement/Police? is there a test? have you do it/any experience ?

Or are you guys left with learning it on your own ??

Here is the link to the IAM if you need more information - www.iam.org

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gas Up, We can't even get our riders to protect their lifestyle by wearing helments, let alone instruct them in how to ride more proficiently.... <_< My first and only exam was in 1967 on a 150 Honda Dream.... :lol: They (the State)only wanted to know if I could start, stop, shift and maintain balance in the slalom of cones... :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online