custom build

Paulwhite
This post is 5281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

iv got a knackerd xvs 125 and thought about rebuilding it into some kind of monster of the deep just need some ideas to stimulate my imagination lol.

thought about using a pit bike engine something like pitbike

and do something with the frame probably make it smaller with 1 seat sort of thing oh and might get rid of the rear suspension in favor of a couple of steel rods. any ideas would b welcome

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The only real limits are your imagination, your wallet and simple the physics of mechanics, mate.

Here's an idea - Cant the seat backwards a bit.

Then, remove the rear springs and replace with springs that are longer.

This will raise your back end up by an extra 6 inches or so and give you a Streetfighter-Cruiser sort of look.

It'll also shorten your wheelbase, meaning you turn into corners faster.

I was going to do that, but ended up selling the 125 to fund the 650.

cheers good idea! im gonna have to see what it looks like. love street fighters!!

i was thinking of shortening the springs so the back wheel is nearer to the back seat and shorten the rear fender so it ends at the top of the wheel kinda like those u see on proper choppers with the 360 wheels, then it will lower the bike a little then i can see about increasing the rake but as i said im undecided to what to do but my imagination goes to the extreme sometimes and i normally find myself trying to achieve something way beond my skills lol . was wondering about a swing arm as i wouldnt mind putting a wider wheel on it but then iv got to make sure the sprockets line up.

had a good idea the other day LED rear light setup integrated into the rear fender would look mint and keep it nice and flush.

just wondered if anyone has built a belly pan? if so what materials did u use and hav u encountered any problems?

• 1 month later...

right time for an update!

Finlay got me dragstsar back and i forgot how big it was :blink: !! but anyway iv striped the bike down, grinded all the rust off and re-painted in black hammerite. Iv decided to go for the "bobber look" , for some reason it just suits the bike down to a tee. but yeah iv used the Sissy bar mounts to make the swing arm ridged, looks quite cool but il have to make some proper mounts to make sure its ok for an mot. im going to make the seat instead of buying one (only cause im a cheep skate) thought a wooden seat on a metal bracket should do the job and look quite cool. iv still got to get round to prepping the tank for its new paint job plus im wanting to paint the wheels red for that old school look just got to figure out the best way to remove chrome. <_< so yeah theres the update any ideas are welcome!

100406_182829.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online