Good alarm

AustenM
This post is 5317 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alarm - Accumen.

Cheap-ish and available in Cat 1 or Cat 3, with DIY fitting.

Remember, an alarm is just so YOU can hear if someone's messing with yer bike. No-one else will even look out the window.

Don't bother with an immobiliser, either - It doesn't stop anyone from lifting the bike (that's why you chain it to something immovable) and even some professionally fitted ones can fail at the worst possible moment - Immobilised bike while leaning in at 70mph...

lmao i had a similar experience like that a few weeks back.

Fitted an alarm/immobiliser, and was overtaking a car. I just pulled infront of them and like that my bike died.

Needless to say i got an angry guy in car behind me and hand gestures pointed, but i was in stitches.

Taken the alarm out now, more harm then its worth.

I love my ground anchor :blush:

Geese.

They don't go off while you are riding, and no-one will ever get near your bike, ever!

Or, you could try Goffs dog,

Alarm - Accumen.

Cheap-ish and available in Cat 1 or Cat 3, with DIY fitting.

Remember, an alarm is just so YOU can hear if someone's messing with yer bike. No-one else will even look out the window.

Don't bother with an immobiliser, either - It doesn't stop anyone from lifting the bike (that's why you chain it to something immovable) and even some professionally fitted ones can fail at the worst possible moment - Immobilised bike while leaning in at 70mph...

^^^

Not to tread on toes but if you DIY fit an alarm you dont get a thatcham certificate.

Clifford GP1000T is a good alarm, but you need an authorised Clifford dealer to fit it.

If you are around London, try www.caraudiosecurity.com and give them a call, i'm sure they could sort you out.

No you don't, but if it's just a good alarm you want, DIY fits are also cheap.

I was just mentioning that Accumen also offer a Cat 1 (which has to be pro-fit).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online