Poor Little SR125

ayhaytch
This post is 5320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I bought a rather sorry looking 1992 SR125 last year for a sum of £150.

Its been off the road for around 2 years, it drove when I got it but no tax and needed re-testing (over two years without tax - no mot on the isle of man) and it needed a new clutch lever, cable, break lever and front brake cable.

I replaced the two levers and I'm in the process of fitting the cables back on but I'm having a little difficulty.

I removed the front wheel and repainted the forks as they were badly corroded (also wanted to tidy it up for test time) but I seem to have lost the front castle nut. Does anyone know the size of the nut or a link to where I can buy one?

I would also be very grateful if someone could give me a couple of pictures of the front drum hub and where the clutch cable joins in engine under the seat (so I can get an idea of how it should fitted with the screws etc.)

Thanks,

Adam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Guys,

I bought a rather sorry looking 1992 SR125 last year for a sum of £150.

Its been off the road for around 2 years, it drove when I got it but no tax and needed re-testing (over two years without tax - no mot on the isle of man) and it needed a new clutch lever, cable, break lever and front brake cable.

I replaced the two levers and I'm in the process of fitting the cables back on but I'm having a little difficulty.

I removed the front wheel and repainted the forks as they were badly corroded (also wanted to tidy it up for test time) but I seem to have lost the front castle nut. Does anyone know the size of the nut or a link to where I can buy one?

I would also be very grateful if someone could give me a couple of pictures of the front drum hub and where the clutch cable joins in engine under the seat (so I can get an idea of how it should fitted with the screws etc.)

Thanks,

Adam

if you do a search on the forum, q's like this are already ansered!

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/13764-sr125-owners-manual-where-can-i-get-one/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online