Thumper goes to North Wales!

Pete
This post is 7234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me and the wife had a great run today...total of 150 miles.

From Llandod, through Llanidloes, then over the mountain to Machynlleth, finally ending up in Dolgellau.

Lot of narrow single track roads, and we even managed to have a plod round a few Forestry Commission tracks on the edge of Snowdonia National Park.

We deliberately avoid all the major roads, particularly on a Sunday when they turn into Racetrack Wales. About 5 miles from home, an ambulance with all the lights and sirens on was coming the other way. No prizes for guessing why. :roll:

Anyway, here's some photos....

Parked up by the lake on the Llanidloes to Machynlleth road.

xt40.jpg

Off the beaten track near Dolgellau, North Wales.

xt41.jpg

Forestry Commission area on the way back down from Dolgellau to Machynlleth.

xt42.jpg

On the mountain road from Devils Bridge to Rhayader.

xt43.jpg

8) 8) 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds and looks great pete, seems like a good day was had! nice to see the sun is shining with you too 8) i went out this morning after work but spent the afternoon in the garden/watching racing/cleaning bikes. are you trying to convert us to riding xt's and suchlikes btw.......? it's slowly working :wink: :o 8)

sounds and looks great pete, seems like a good day was had! nice to see the sun is shining with you too 8)  are you trying to convert us to riding xt's and suchlikes btw.......? it's slowly working :wink:  :o  8)

Indeed it is :wink:

Been like this here for the past few mornings.....

BanCorpSunrise.jpg

I tell you what, there's a lot of people converting to dualsport.

I see it on a lot of forums, particularly the US ones.

Guys get a cheap DS as a 2nd bike and end up not wanting to ride their main road bike after it.

So many people have had a gutful of heavy, complicated, and expensive road bikes which are so limiting in where they can be ridden enjoyably. Plus, you can have a lot of fun at safe speeds....doing 80 on the XT feels faster than 120 did on my Thundercat.

And did I mention that they handle on real world roads like nothing else?

I've always liked enduro style bikes and since Tym got his KLR and seeing all his pics, I knew I had to get one. I'd had a few in the past, but not since the late 80's. I'm sorry I left it so long TBH.

i went to hoy lake today on my dt was a really nice run tomorrow im going to thurstaton on bike the walking up to top of mouitain ill take some pics to share :wink: :wink:

Very nice pics' XT, and a very nice country side you have therre, i can never see more than a few hundred yards unless i'm by the water in Connecticut, some shots from today :D

SalmonRiverRd.JPG

SamonRiverwoods.JPG

Hit 14000 last night

14000.JPG

I'd fly over to see my homeland and ride around the UK, butt, i want a sport tourer to keep my KLR company :lol:

I've checked on bike rental prices, jeez, i had no idea i was saving so much money by buying :shock:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online