drag star "buzzer"

petercnm
This post is 5315 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone,

hope someone can help me out with this...on my dragstar 650.

If i turn on the contact (key), i hear a kind of a "buzzer" sound. Goes away after a few seconds.

I had it before, but only sporadic. Now it seems to do it every time i turn the contact key to on.

thanks

Peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi peter, have you got an immobiliser on the bike ? i had an one on my dragstar and when you turn on the ignition it buzzed for a few seconds, i had it taken off after it developed a fault but for some reason it still buzzes when i switch on only for a couple of seconds,maybe your bike had one at some time.?

hi peter, have you got an immobiliser on the bike ? i had an one on my dragstar and when you turn on the ignition it buzzed for a few seconds, i had it taken off after it developed a fault but for some reason it still buzzes when i switch on only for a couple of seconds,maybe your bike had one at some time.?

..not sure what you mean with immobiliser..i bought the bike second hand, so don't know what was done on it.

thank you

an immobilliser is a security device like an alarm, so no one can steal your bike when its switched on it cuts out the electric system, by the way you describe the buzzing sound when you turn the key it sounds like one was fitted at some time,as long as your bike starts and runs ok dont worry about it mine does it when i switch on but only lasts a couple of seconds.

guessed would be something like that...

when i have the cut out switch in off, it doesnt make the sound...but i guess thats normal.

But it starts, so thats the one thing that matters.

We had 15 celcius today in belgium, and i didnt got the chance to go for a ride @#$#@#$%

Saw a lot of bikes on the road already.

thanks

Peter

Nope...

My 650 Drag does this and I don't even have an immobiliser.

The noise is just your fuel pump, my friend.

Good news is that there's nothing to worry about. :)

When you stop the bike for a bit, quite often a little fuel will evaporate out of the fuel line, or flow back up it. When you first turn on the ignition, the pump winds itself up and restores a good supply of fuel in the line, ready for starting.

You may find some slight variance as the temperature changes. Occasionally, it won't buzz at all. Just give it a couple of seconds to finish what it's doing and then start her up!!

Happy riding!!

:D

makes sense to me now. i had it a few times this summer (the temp changes probably :) ),and now i have it every time i switch on the contact, which makes sense, as i removed the fuel tank before, and didn't start it up since.

thanks a lot.

Peter

Definitely the fuel pump - try switching the ignition on with the fuel turned off - I have done it a few times - it will 'buzz' for ever, or at least until you turn the fuel on

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online