Super Tenere ....

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5315 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, it's out, the all new Super Tenere from Yamaha.

Looks like Yamaha are taking the fight straight to Bavaria with the lardy love child of Mr Honda's Varadero and the whore daughter of Madam BMUU....

Very dissapointed I am......

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/adventure/xt1200z-super-tenere.jsp?view=explorer&subview=features

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yea, its a just a copy of the Varadero

Have Yam lost there sence of design. Tis a bit dissapointing !

2010-yamaha-XT1200Z-Super-Tenere_VPBC5_studio_002_tcm26-356218.jpgvaradero_2009_1200_blue.jpg

Well, it's out, the all new Super Tenere from Yamaha.

Looks like Yamaha are taking the fight straight to Bavaria with the lardy love child of Mr Honda's Varadero and the whore daughter of Madam BMUU....

Very dissapointed I am......

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/adventure/xt1200z-super-tenere.jsp?view=explorer&subview=features

Market forces my friend, the bean counters have the designers by the b4lls :huh: .

That wouldn't be so bad but they look to what is hot NOW, not what will be. So everybody gets the same. I once joked with some of my mates that some day soon, when you want a new car it will be a case of what colour, as they will all be made the same. Its coming true.

Bikes are going to follow. :(

Market forces my friend, the bean counters have the designers by the b4lls huh.gif .

That wouldn't be so bad but they look to what is hot NOW, not what will be. So everybody gets the same. I once joked with some of my mates that some day soon, when you want a new car it will be a case of what colour, as they will all be made the same. Its coming true.

Bikes are going to follow. sad.gif

Yes mate this is true sad.gif

This is why we should pick out a few of our favoret and most loved engines and store them away, so that in years to come (if we not to old) when

all bikes look the same we can then create a mad crazy looking bike of our own biggrin.gif

Market forces my friend, the bean counters have the designers by the b4lls :huh: .

I wish that were true, the bike has a price tag of, are you sitting down ?

No?

You need to be,,,,,,

£13,750.........

A BMUU R1200GS-Adventurer is around £10,750 and with the extras added to bring it to the same spec as the Yam, it comes in at under £13K......

AND, the BMUU is lighter (on paper),

It's no off-road bike, too heavy, too low, too expensive, and if you look close it even has posts on the pegs, just like road bikes!

If I was looking for a mile muncher, with adventure looks and lots of comfort I'd save myself £5k (yes that's right Five Thousand Pounds) and go for the Honda. The old Firestom V-Twin is an fantastic motor with a lovely sound.

Yamaha have been winding the world up over this 'go anywear' bike for months, pushing the 'Tenere' legend of old (to those of us that can remember) then they give us another road warrior.....

I wish that were true, the bike has a price tag of, are you sitting down ?

No?

You need to be,,,,,,

£13,750.........

A BMUU R1200GS-Adventurer is around £10,750 and with the extras added to bring it to the same spec as the Yam, it comes in at under £13K......

AND, the BMUU is lighter (on paper),

It's no off-road bike, too heavy, too low, too expensive, and if you look close it even has posts on the pegs, just like road bikes!

If I was looking for a mile muncher, with adventure looks and lots of comfort I'd save myself £5k (yes that's right Five Thousand Pounds) and go for the Honda. The old Firestom V-Twin is an fantastic motor with a lovely sound.

Yamaha have been winding the world up over this 'go anywear' bike for months, pushing the 'Tenere' legend of old (to those of us that can remember) then they give us another road warrior.....

HOW MUCH :blink:

Thats an awful lot of money for an overlander. Gas just what could you do with that as a trip buget? Bearing in mind that apart from 30-40mph that bike has no advantage i can see over yours and several disadvantages. Aside from looking like a tarted up TDM.

Price of Tenere? It was around 5 grand when i had a look. That would leave around 8 grand to GO SOMEWHERE on it.

I'm willing to bet that is aimed at 40 somethings who DREAM of the Long way round, but the most taxing thing they will deal with is traffic on the A4 into the city.

As for it being dearer than a Bavarian, thats stupid. How are you going to take sales from the apparent masters of the type. Mind you there are an awful lot of em with aloy wheels, sticky tyres and lower suspention <_< .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online