dt 125lc mk3 wheels

Timux
This post is 5172 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all...Was was hoping that someone would be able to tell me if dt125lc mk3 1987, would share the same wheels as any other dts.Maybe another yamaha shares the same wheels and hubs.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance. Tim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

I'm think they changed the DT125 wheels in 88 when Yamaha introduced the disk brakes not 100% though, if you have disk brakes then DT125R wheels will fit. If you have drum brakes, then no for DT125R wheels post 88. As for the other DT's i have no clue, but figure you have a chance. Pics and part numbers always help.

Vez.

Hi all...Was was hoping that someone would be able to tell me if dt125lc mk3 1987, would share the same wheels as any other dts.Maybe another yamaha shares the same wheels and hubs.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance. Tim

It was a change over year 87, the rear will be drum and any DT125/75 drum rear wheel will fit. You may or may not have a front disc but you need to fit like for like. So anything from 78 on will go in if its drum possibly with very minor tweaks.

I have an entire DT125R front end, good forks (bar the seals) wheel (with a good disc) and yolks, master cyl etc. Only need to change the steering head bearings to fit it.

If you are interested make me an offer. I'm not busting any rules as it has been up in the for sale section before, I've got a rear wheel too, (DT175).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have an early dt125lc mk2 sept 85 which I bought last year, was stripped right down with no wiring loom, keys, lights, ignition and the tyres were big chunkies off road only when I bought it. The front wheel had a drum brake like the back so I got hold of a set of forks, top and bottom yokes and stem with a disc brake + wheel from a 1990 DT125R and they fitted straight to my mk2 if that's of any help to you. But there are handling issues like the bike has the shakes real bad until the powerband kicks in and I find myself needing to go periodocally through the torque settings of the forks and steering head and the brakes will affect the handling also just hope this can be of some use for you Blake

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online