Yamaha YBR 125

Jake_Teesside
This post is 4463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

About the only way I know of to get 75mph out of a YBR would be to find a big hill with tailwind :)

I typically get up to 55mph quite quickly but then top out between 60mph and 65mph on the flat depending on the wind. Only time I've ever gone past 70 was on a long downward hill.

I don't think there's a lot we can do to them performance wise, other than possibly a front windshield, and maybe the rider go on a diet. One thing I have done that has improved the handling in the winter/wet weather is changed the tyres to michelin pilot sporty's.

1)they were probably going down hill

2)cut out the pies(only joking)

3)dont think a 125 can be made to go faster by much to be honest

4)your weight can play a factory on the speed so lighter the better

• 2 months later...

Like the guys said, there's not much point in trying to make a 125 go much faster. (Says the guy who's tried :P)

The best thing you can do really is buy an NGK Iridium Spark Plug (CRXHiX) That's helped my wee YBR out performance wise. With that spark plug, you'll also get better fuel economy. I'd say I get around a 10-15% increase on fuel economy compared to the stock plug.

The next best thing to do for the YBR is to get rid of those god awful stock tyres and buy yourself a pair of Michelin Pilot Sportys. Immensely different feel in the wet, no sliding at all (even if you push it a little)

• 1 month later...

best bets the NGK Iridium spark plug. i can hit 70 on my YBR but im a lightweight so its all gud :P other than being light or going down hill theres nothing you can do really to make it go faster unless you get a bigger bike or an aprillia rs125 wich is wat i want :P

• 1 month later...

Best thing to modify the looks: Remove that brick-like turn signals and replace them with smaller ones.

100324_12_t.jpg 100621_03_t.jpg 100907_22_t.jpg

I know that the newer models ('07 or newer) already got smaller turn signals. But you always could switch to clear LED turn signals. ;)

Here is my '05 YBR with the original look:

091003_01_t.jpg 091029_04_t.jpg

Greetings, Martin

• 1 year later...