xj 600 pre diversion inlet rubbers

monkeyhanger
This post is 5319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help,

can any body suggest where I can get a set of inlet rubbers for a 1989 xj600?

Tried find a part, and all my local breakers nothing

Yamaha want £230 for a set!!! Wemoto want £102 a set

Will the rubbers from another model fit?

As a tempory fix I have superglued rubber inner tubes around them to seal them but don't how long it will last ?

Thanks

Tony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take one of the old ones off to compare with pics on Flea-bay-like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-XJ550-XJ-550-CARBURETTOR-INLET-RUBBERS-408922_W0QQitemZ390035558937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5acfee5219, if it looke similair in shape it might do

or the 'diversion' rubbers listed a year close to your bike, take the inside diameter measurement of yours and send the seller a question asking for the diameter of the ones their selling, I'm not sure if theres a difference in pre and post 'divvies' inlet rubbers ?

HTH

ps your bodge with the inner tubes would have lasted years if you had used the rubber solution glue that comes with a puncture repair kit-super glue isn't flexible, nice work tho' :)

• 2 weeks later...