hard to remove fork seals...

Cynic
This post is 5328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The old sweats have probably been using this for years but i was really strugling getting my fork seals to part company with the fork lowers. I had tried levers and various degrees of swearing when my eyes fell upon my heat gun.

Worked for the crank seals, goto be worth a try.

Bingo got the top of the leg really hot (it was boiling the wd i'd tried as a releasing agent). In with a 'modified' screwdriver and out they popped nice as you like.

Thought i'd put it up, may help somebody out. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

when my eyes fell upon my heat gun.

I don't have one, do have an old hair dryer, what sort is yours? Rick

Just a cheap and cheerfull from the local bargain basement, Ryobi i think.

Use it for getting gudgeon pins into pistons as well. Its surprisingly effective. And you often as not dont need as much heat as you expect.

And you often as not dont need as much heat as you expect.

That will beat the flame from the little torch I've been using, I'll get me one...Thanks :D

also, if its really stubborn, with the legs out, put a self tapper screw in the seal and pull the little fucker out :angry:

trust me it works ;)

also, if its really stubborn, with the legs out, put a self tapper screw in the seal and pull the little fucker out :angry:

trust me it works ;)

Is that where they say "pull'em out kicking and screaming".... :lol::blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online