Missing V5

Guest MaD.VeZ
This post is 5318 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest MaD.VeZ

Well i have recently swapped 1 of my bikes for a Sachs XTC-N 125 and the lad i got it off has lost the V5, i know he had it as i was with him when he bought it originally.

How do i go about getting a replacement from the DVLA? is it just a case of writing a letter/email or is there a specific form i need to get?

Also its been off the road for a while and he never thought to SORN the bike, will this cause problems for me, or will it be him that gets a fine etc?

Vez. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

to replace your registration certificate (V5C) (formerly known as a log book) if it’s been lost, stolen, damaged or defaced. You can apply by post using a V62 application form or you may be able to get a duplicate over the phone using your debit or credit card.

Apply by phone on 0300 790 6802

You can apply by phone if:

* you’re shown as the registered keeper on the registration certificate

* your name, address and vehicle details haven’t changed

* you have a debit or credit card to pay the £25 fee - the cost of a duplicate registration certificate

as it is not registered in your name you will have to apply by post,SORN as soon as possible because you are responsible from the date you got the bike before that your mate was responsible hope that helps.

After forking out £25 last week, my friend turns up tonight waving the V5 at me.. Typical. laugh.gif

Bad luck mate sad.gif things like that always happen to me.

Least you have it now biggrin.gif

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online