XT 125 Carb

bugga
This post is 4929 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, new to the forum but here goes;

I've just lashed out another £90 to have the carb rebuilt on my girlfriends XT125 buy a yamaha dealer who spent 5 hours (he's a good bloke to only charge me for 2) getting the bike to run fairly smoothly but still with an irratic tickover. So far the choke plunger has siezed, the float chamber has stuck twice Bideford high street has been flooded with my fuel and the jet has blocked once. It's done 4500 miles, been serviced regularly, never pressure washed, treated with exotic perfumes such as AC-F1.

Yamaha UK deny any design faults or recalls and blame low quality fuel, but I'm not convinced. Have any other owners had similar problems or any advice?

Apart from that it's a cracking bike to get to work on and a hoot on roundabouts.

Cheers

Albert

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd just replace the carb. I got a used one for my XT for £50 off eBay and it runs good :D Just trying to get the fuel mix right.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online