Touring on an.........

scmt03
This post is 5256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

mt03.

I realise that its not an ideal tool for the job, but its what i currently own. I am looking to do some touring sooner rather than later and was wondering has anyone done some serious miles on one. I would have to fit some heated grip and a box but would there be anything else to consider.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

no-one elses as replied to this topic, so i thought i would.....

.....go for it.

i reckon the mt03 would be a great touring bike. good economy and simple design. don't worry about all the other stuff. i bought an xj6 in spetember, but i have reasonable experience of continental touring and know fully the xj6 will be upto it. my main criteria for touring are , comfortable (high bars and with upright back), good economy and reliable. you bike should be all of these also.

my last trip i went down to bavaria on my knackered fzr1000 (my tdm850 had been written off by a car driver a week before) and whilst waiting for the ferry, i spoke to some nice people who have full touring bikes (big honda things) who had been to normany, fair play, but it was very ironic!!!

my parting advice is run light and don't be afraid to tour alone. use the excellent hostel network abroad (if thats where you are going) to keep costs low.

good luck

not really a motorway bike if you want any speed but if your not going mad and stick to speed limits it would be absolutly fine to tour on, would recommend heated grips.

mt03.

I realise that its not an ideal tool for the job, but its what i currently own. I am looking to do some touring sooner rather than later and was wondering has anyone done some serious miles on one. I would have to fit some heated grip and a box but would there be anything else to consider.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online