1982 Yamaha YB100 Clutch

IanT
This post is 5335 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I searched around and couldn't find anything that quite relates to my problem.

I have an old YB100 that I got in boxes. I've put it all together and it started right up, idles fine.

However, it the assembly I loosened the nut on the clutch actuator arm which turns the worm drive to press in on the spring plate of the clutch drum.

when i loosened the nut the actuator arm snapped down and ever since I have not been able to set up the clutch so that when i pull the clutch lever at the handlebars, the bike goes into neutral. Sadly, while I am pretty familiar with two-stroke motors, I have never owned a geared bikes, just belt drive CVT transmission pedal mopeds from the 1970's.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what I might have broken, or is this just an issue of me not knowing the proper way to set up a clutch?

I have pulled off the right case half, and I think in loosening the nut on the actuator, i may have pushed the ball bearing out of the wormdrive. the wormdrive is all sorted now (i think) but once i put it all back together, it still wasn't working.

Final question, the case is currently drained of oil, do i need to have oil in there for the clutch to function properly?

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.