paint

dalr198
This post is 5349 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi anybody no of any good bike paint shops in the uk that doesnt cost a fortune. i just need my r1 painted back to blue .but either get quoted over a grand or they dont realise bike paint isnt the same as car paint , HELP

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

hi anybody no of any good bike paint shops in the uk that doesnt cost a fortune. i just need my r1 painted back to blue .but either get quoted over a grand or they dont realise bike paint isnt the same as car paint , HELP

Can't help you there as I usually spray my own, sorry.

But I am curious as to the difference between car paint and bike paint?

Vez.

proper bike paint is more flexible really nice to apply once it has properly dried you can bend the plastics etc in half and the paint wont break its more like a dye. i have used it a few times but only in a can i dont own a compressor spray gun etc http://motorbikepaint.co.uk check them out the paint comes mixed for you plus wet and dry and even tack cloths

Guest MaD.VeZ

proper bike paint is more flexible really nice to apply once it has properly dried you can bend the plastics etc in half and the paint wont break its more like a dye. i have used it a few times but only in a can i dont own a compressor spray gun etc  http://motorbikepaint.co.uk check them out the paint comes mixed for you plus wet and dry and even tack cloths

Always get my paint mixed at a local car paint place. They take the details from the bike (Frame No. etc) and then mix it from the info on Yamaha's database, so i presume its already bike paint I'm using. I'll ask next time I'm there to see if it is proper bike paint or not. Thanks for the info.

Vez 

Always get my paint mixed at a local car paint place. They take the details from the bike (Frame No. etc) and then mix it from the info on Yamaha's database, so i presume its already bike paint I'm using. I'll ask next time I'm there to see if it is proper bike paint or not. Thanks for the info.

Vez 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online