Rejetting for pod filters and gutted exhaust?

bznchris
This post is 5331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

While I have the carbs open I was wondering if y'all thought it would be necessary to rejet seeing as I'm going to be sticking with the pod filters and gutted 2-into-1 exhaust. It has the stock 135/42.5 jets on right now.

On a side note I found a pair of oem carb diaphragms for $20ish. (cheapest I found was $150 EACH on ebay) Might be able to get a couple more...anybody need any? ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

While I have the carbs open I was wondering if y'all thought it would be necessary to rejet seeing as I'm going to be sticking with the pod filters and gutted 2-into-1 exhaust. It has the stock 135/42.5 jets on right now.

On a side note I found a pair of oem carb diaphragms for $20ish. (cheapest I found was $150 EACH on ebay) Might be able to get a couple more...anybody need any? ;)

the only probs with pods is, if you junk the inlet pipes the diaphrams act weird and not function properly. (technical term) something to do with masking the intake.

I kept mine on and looks ok

newtyres-1.jpg

Is that so? well this adds another twist! was going to hang the battery in the battery box with no air filters attached. don't think it would fit between the pods. oh well. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks drewps!

Is that so? well this adds another twist! was going to hang the battery in the battery box with no air filters attached. don't think it would fit between the pods. oh well. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks drewps!

I think the standard battery box would still just fit in but it wouldn't look good unless you kept the side panels!

I think the standard battery box would still just fit in but it wouldn't look good unless you kept the side panels!

Right. Definitely keeping the side panels, and I checked fitment- it would work, I'll just have to cut off part of the airbox holders.

Only thing is, since the previous owner removed the side covers (and mounting brackets on frame!!) I'll have to weld on something to hold the side covers. But it's doable.

It's been this way since I bought it, and it has seemed to run fine. I was just curious if I'd be better rejetting in the long run, but from what I can tell, it's not that big of a deal. I'm also welding on a slightly more restrictive muffler than the basically straight pipes that are on now. So...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online