xv125 not starting booooooo!

Paulwhite
This post is 5336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello iv got a sachs roadster which uses a virago xv125 engine

now the problem is it just wont start! iv put a new battery in it and air filter and its got a new exhaust.

iv cleaned and replaced all the corroded electrics so their practicaly brand new. me plugs are fine and the carb is spotless. and there is no problem with me startor motor.

when i turn the key it will just go round till the battery dies (even with choke!) i have to bump it to get it started but it starts up 1st time with the bump

it runs perfectly and drives as normal i can start it up when the engine is warm but after 5 min of it not running i have to bump it to get it started again.

iv got a sneaky suspition that iv got a compression problem so i put some oil in the sparkplug hole and then tried to start it. still had to bump it :angry:

i think it can b 1 of 3 things piston rings, head gaskets or me valves

can anyone point me in a direction? or if im wrong tell me what to try next?

plus i need to know whats involved with taking the heads off to replace the gaskets if anyone can point me to a writeup id be greatfull

cheers. Paul .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online