No spark

dargie25
This post is 5336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Firstly hi everyone :) just bought my first yammy recently but I'v been riding for about a year.

Basically my YBR125 07 (fuel injected model) isnt sparking with either kickstart or button, the other symptoms are the engine warning light flashing when i try ignition and the neutral indicator light isnt lighting up when the bike is in neutral.

The bike needed a new ignition barrel because it was originally stolen/recovered so thats been replaced as im 99% sure its been wired right, but before this was installed the bike was hot wired by the salvage dealer. Spark plug and main fuse seems fine, any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Firstly hi everyone :) just bought my first yammy recently but I'v been riding for about a year.

Basically my YBR125 07 (fuel injected model) isnt sparking with either kickstart or button, the other symptoms are the engine warning light flashing when i try ignition and the neutral indicator light isnt lighting up when the bike is in neutral.

The bike needed a new ignition barrel because it was originally stolen/recovered so thats been replaced as im 99% sure its been wired right, but before this was installed the bike was hot wired by the salvage dealer. Spark plug and main fuse seems fine, any ideas?

Hmm not sure about this one, have you got the owners manual? does the starter motor work then?

I will guess you need the neutral light fixing or at least have the clutch lever pulled and the side stand in the up position.

yep it turns over fine, and i even tried a new spark plug today no effect.

could a defective neutral switch be causing it?

EDIT: i just ground the neutral switch and the neutral bulb lit up so its not a problem with the bulb or the wire to the bulb. still wouldn't spark when it was grounded though.

You need to get the book and look up all the inhibits IE inputs that stop the ignition working and go through them one by one.

If its been hot wired something else in the system may have been diturbed

the other symptoms are the engine warning light flashing when i try ignition and the neutral indicator light isnt lighting up when the bike is in neutral.

This may be some sort of fault indicator.

Can you not ask your dealer what the fault indicators are. It sounds like the bike hads decided not to start.

Other than that, i'm out. Too new for me by about 20 years.

Guest MaD.VeZ

Why don't you re-hotwire it and see if anything has changed, that way if it starts hotwired you can rule out a number of things. If it doesn't start hotwired then maybe something has been damaged or blown with the new ignition.

And I'm not 100% but i think the warning light maybe a low fuel warning, just something i read about the 2007 YBR(can't remember where though).Maybe google 'owners' manual for the bike and have a read.

Vez.