XS650 se fuel tap

G Mann
This post is 5338 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i have a querey if anyone can help. My 79se will run and start no probs with the fuel tap on prim only, put it on any other possition and there aint no fuel getting through? Would a repair kit do the job or is it a case of getting a new fuel tap? And after i took of the carbs and cleaned them out my choke leaver(pull out) is abit sticky and wont stay opened fully, fun trying to hold open the choke a kick start her at the same time... what have i done wrong?

Please help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, i have a querey if anyone can help. My 79se will run and start no probs with the fuel tap on prim only, put it on any other possition and there aint no fuel getting through?

sounds like the vaccum tap isn't working or connected.

there should be a pipe at the back of the tap going to the inlet stub, if that's not split or come off,then a repair kit from xs650.de is in order

Would a repair kit do the job or is it a case of getting a new fuel tap? And after i took of the carbs and cleaned them out my choke leaver(pull out) is abit sticky and wont stay opened fully, fun trying to hold open the choke a kick start her at the same time... what have i done wrong?

Please help.

not sure which carbs you have, but you've may have lost the little spring and ball bearing which presses against an indent on the choke rod.

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online