Clutch Cable Routing???

Rider101
This post is 5338 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am rebuilding a 1996 Seca II XJ600. Can anyone tell me how to route the clutch cable around the forks? I know... should have taken a picture before I removed the old one... Tell me about it... Any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am rebuilding a 1996 Seca II XJ600. Can anyone tell me how to route the clutch cable around the forks? I know... should have taken a picture before I removed the old one... Tell me about it... Any help would be appreciated.

Have you sorted it yet? If not when I get my laptop out this weekend I will take a couple of photo's and post on the forum.

I can only presume the Diversion will be the same as a Seca.

Nope. Haven't figured it out yet. The HAYNES manual is no help. Wish I had taken pics before taking it apart.

Can you find any of the brackets that holds it in place anywhere.

Would it not b ok if you route it your own way making sure it isnt getting fouled on anythin and that it all looks nice and tidyhuh.gif

I currently have it routed so it doesn't interfere with anything, but not sure once i completely reassemble the bike if it will... Attached to the cable sheath is a rubber grommet. I can't seem to figure out where it goes ( I assume through a bracket of some kind but so far I can't locate anything that appears to fit it. Yes, it is an OEM cable...

To clarify, I started the COMPLETE rehab of this bike about six months ago. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to take photos of the disassembly, so I haven't a clue... I am using exploded parts diagrams and the Haynes manual for reassembly. I suppose it is a small thing considering, but I want the bike to be completely correct. Sorry to be such a pain in the butt... :blush:

I currently have it routed so it doesn't interfere with anything, but not sure once i completely reassemble the bike if it will... Attached to the cable sheath is a rubber grommet. I can't seem to figure out where it goes ( I assume through a bracket of some kind but so far I can't locate anything that appears to fit it. Yes, it is an OEM cable...

To clarify, I started the COMPLETE rehab of this bike about six months ago. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to take photos of the disassembly, so I haven't a clue... I am using exploded parts diagrams and the Haynes manual for reassembly. I suppose it is a small thing considering, but I want the bike to be completely correct. Sorry to be such a pain in the butt... blush.gif

RISERS.JPG

dsc4611w.jpg

leo.jpgYamaha%20XJ600N%2002.jpg

Found these, maby they will helpblink.gif I wouldnt worry to much about it yet till you get everything else on then route is arround everything.

right of the head-stock, between the fork tops, running along with/under right hand main frame bar then down to clutch.unsure.gifblink.gifhuh.gif

What work had you to do on the bike?

I hope this helps. From an XJ600s Diversion

Clutch cable has white masking tape on.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online