OPINION NEEDED ON A VSTAR 650 SILVERADO

JUSTHAVINFUM
This post is 5360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm thinking of buying an 09 650 vstar silverado. My wife and I like to ride together but our combined weight is around 270 lbs. Do you think that the 650 will be able to haul us at 65-70 mph. We don't do much highway riding usually roads at 40 mph speed limits. Do you think that this bike would be right for me?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm thinking of buying an 09 650 vstar silverado. My wife and I like to ride together but our combined weight is around 270 lbs. Do you think that the 650 will be able to haul us at 65-70 mph. We don't do much highway riding usually roads at 40 mph speed limits. Do you think that this bike would be right for me?

If you can, do yourself a favor and move up to the 1100. Most people that buy the 650 end up moving up to the 1100 within a year or so. The 650 will not do well at highway speeds riding single or especially 2-up. I know you said, not a lot of freeway, but you won't regret going ahead and getting the larger bike.

I concur.

The 650 will cope, but it won't be as 'performancey' as when you ride solo.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online