2001 dtr air filter

escie
This post is 5346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

guy i bought bike off bodged a k and n air filter on that has proceeded to fall off. i priced up a standard system for 100quid or i cud get a cone shaped filter and attatch it straight on for less than 15quid. Any ideas or tips on whats best. Im wary of usuing a custom filter as it was sucking so much air in it would lose power and stall. Thanks x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

guy i bought bike off bodged a k and n air filter on that has proceeded to fall off. i priced up a standard system for 100quid or i cud get a cone shaped filter and attatch it straight on for less than 15quid. Any ideas or tips on whats best. Im wary of usuing a custom filter as it was sucking so much air in it would lose power and stall. Thanks x

In most cases a std air filter housing helps the bike perform at its best. Pod filters will work but really need jetting to suit and then are affected by the weather far more. Obviously when it rains it gets wet. And tbh only really suit racers as they work best at WOT, well thats from Richard the main man at Towcester Tuning Services, google em.

I would have thought you could get something for less from a breakers.