XS2 650 help

Doogle
This post is 5343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a 1971 XS2, its a US import, needs restoring and not registered but fairly complete but needs a seat and a footrest. Where can I get parts from if I wasw to buy it, been looking quickly on google but not much joy at the moment. It has a spare tank and spare engine also but otherwise I dont know much else, just had a brief phone call with the owner. Any help with what to look for would be much appreciated as Im going to look at it tomorrow at 11. Do I bite his hand off or am I going to end up with a bike I cant get parts for?

Thanks

Doug.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a 1971 XS2, its a US import, needs restoring and not registered but fairly complete but needs a seat and a footrest. Where can I get parts from if I wasw to buy it, been looking quickly on google but not much joy at the moment. It has a spare tank and spare engine also but otherwise I dont know much else, just had a brief phone call with the owner. Any help with what to look for would be much appreciated as Im going to look at it tomorrow at 11. Do I bite his hand off or am I going to end up with a bike I cant get parts for?

Thanks

Doug.

tons of spares and info in the USA and ebay, very popular bike!

You'll struggle for parts in the UK, but with the internet, no problem.

make sure its got an import cert with showing that the duty has been paid, or you'll have to pay again when you register it. +VAT!

Hi guys,

Thanks

Doug.

xs650shop in germany the site translates to english accepts paypal speedy delivery I have used this site many times and have never had any probs. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online