FZR600R 4JH

Azazel
This post is 5347 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone!

I hate to say it but im a noob. But i am a noob with a good heart and in need of some help. :paci:

I recently had the front fork seals replaced and i found that one of the forks was leaking a little afterwards. I spoke to the mechanic and he said that was normal. The front end feels a bit sluggish and doesn't bounce back quickly at all when i put some weight on it and when going over rough bits in the road it feels like the forks have been replaced buy bricks made of dark matter. It's really harsh on the wrists. Can anyone offer any help please?!!!

Many thanks

Azazel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try backing off the preload on the forks( a previous owner may have tinkered with the preload adjustment). As regards the leak, is the fork tube scored/pitted? Was the seal correctly fitted? When was the fork oil last changed? You may need to do a fork strip/rebuild with fresh oil/ seals, etc.

Hi everyone!

I hate to say it but im a noob. But i am a noob with a good heart and in need of some help. :paci:

I recently had the front fork seals replaced and i found that one of the forks was leaking a little afterwards. I spoke to the mechanic and he said that was normal. The front end feels a bit sluggish and doesn't bounce back quickly at all when i put some weight on it and when going over rough bits in the road it feels like the forks have been replaced buy bricks made of dark matter. It's really harsh on the wrists. Can anyone offer any help please?!!!

Many thanks

Azazel

It is not normal in any way. The whole point of fork SEALS is they do just that seal. If there is ANY fluid leaking then they have been fitted incorectly, have been damaged or there is a problem with the surface of the fork tube, such as rust pitted.

Oh, welcome to the nuthouse......

It is not normal in any way. The whole point of fork SEALS is they do just that seal. If there is ANY fluid leaking then they have been fitted incorectly, have been damaged or there is a problem with the surface of the fork tube, such as rust pitted.

Oh, welcome to the nuthouse......

Yes I second that Cynic,,, no way normal with the leaking.

welcome to the nuthouse......

I realy realy second that...... tis driving me crazy 2nite........Time for buzz.gif

Hi I concur no way should they leak I think mechanic is a cowboy telling you its normal & the stiffness you are feeling sounds like he's overfilled the forks & this may be forcing the oil out causing the leak ?

Hi & welcome I concur no way should they leak I think mechanic is a cowboy telling you its normal & the stiffness you are feeling sounds like he's overfilled the forks & this may be forcing the oil out causing the leak ?

Like root says it sounds like they have been overfilled. Ask him how much fork oil he put in each leg. according to the data I have on the FZR600R 4JH they should have 503ml per leg for the 1994 model and 431ml for the 1995 model so you could drain each fork and see how much is in them. Tony.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online