xvs 125 oil problem

tallguy125
This post is 5323 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all, newbie here

Welcome tallguy :D

I have a '04 xvs 125 and my problem is that there is alot of fuel in the oil which has caused to become like water.

Does anyone have any idea as to why or how fuel can manage to get into the oil system.

Thanks.

Yes your fuel tap must be leaking, this allows fuel to fill the carbrettor. Also your carburettor float valve must be leaking, this allows fuel into your cylinder head intake valve. If the valve is open when the engine is not running then this fuel will pass by the intake valve and will seep down the sides of the piston into the sump area where it will dilute the oil. In severe cases i have heard that so much fuel can enter the engine in this way that a hydraulic lock can occur when the starter button is pressed but i dont know if this is factual or not. i suggest you take off the fuel pipe from the carb to check if the (i assume vacuum operated) tap is leaking.

...Paul

• 3 weeks later...

i had exactly the same problem!! only differance is i didnt notice it till me engine went pop causing the washers between the con rods to disintergrate and giving a conrod about 2mm of free play (not good!)

i say drain the diluted oil, top up with fresh, run for 30 min then drain (just to make sure) might want to clean or replace ur oil filter.

top up with fresh oil check the fuel tap (see if it leaks) then strip the carb down and check the float height and valve, cause if fuel is getting in when u dont want it to ur gonna loose out on a bit of dosh and at £1.10 a litre down my way every drop counts.

hope this helps .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online