BERTS MEGA MALL SERVICE SUCKS

hebrew hammer
This post is 5353 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok so some of you guys know that I own a xs400 and I bought new tires for it. I was trying to find the lowest price and shopped around. Certain places asked 30 for each tire balance and mounting and installing bearings bushings etc in the wheel would cost me 60 per tire and plus the rear bearings would cost me 190 not including tax. Berts megmall beat that by 10 dollars. Now I sent the wheels at 01/07/2010 since I have seen my wheels and its going to cost me 210 dollar total because the front took them a lot "more time than expected" which amounted of 90 dollars. Now it is 01/23/10 and its still in the shop! They also found that the front bearing dust seal I gave them was the wrong diameter so they ordered the right one for 8.88 but a week later they told me they got it for the wrong side! How can a professional mechanic mistake which side of a part he has to order? I would understand it if it was some weekend mechanic but these are full time professional mechanics for God sakes. The dust seal cost a few dollars more too. My peeve about them is the extra cost and the extended amount of time it is taking me. What should I do? Should I sign the deal? How would I get my wheels back to the regular 180 price? help guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok so some of you guys know that I own a xs400 and I bought new tires for it. I was trying to find the lowest price and shopped around. Certain places asked 30 for each tire balance and mounting and installing bearings bushings etc in the wheel would cost me 60 per tire and plus the rear bearings would cost me 190 not including tax. Berts megmall beat that by 10 dollars. Now I sent the wheels at 01/07/2010 since I have seen my wheels and its going to cost me 210 dollar total because the front took them a lot "more time than expected" which amounted of 90 dollars. Now it is 01/23/10 and its still in the shop! They also found that the front bearing dust seal I gave them was the wrong diameter so they ordered the right one for 8.88 but a week later they told me they got it for the wrong side! How can a professional mechanic mistake which side of a part he has to order? I would understand it if it was some weekend mechanic but these are full time professional mechanics for God sakes. The dust seal cost a few dollars more too. My peeve about them is the extra cost and the extended amount of time it is taking me. What should I do? Should I sign the deal? How would I get my wheels back to the regular 180 price? help guys!

As your in the States you should refer it to Judge Judy. Seriously though sometimes cheap ("Mega") finding the lowest price tyres may not be so cheap in the end, it always pays to go to a tried and tested firm that you know gives you value for money and wont rip you off. What we say over here is "You pays your money and takes your chance"

I'm sure where you live there must be reputible bike dealers. I know my reply isn't helping your current problem and I don't know how old you are, but learn by your mistakes.

Anyway, you think you got problems, I've just got back from a trip to Ikea and at the checkout when I was presented with the bill, nearly choked to death and looked at my daughter, she said "well there's stuff in here that I didn't even know that I wanted"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online