1974 dt175 engine

-xt600-
This post is 5228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have recently accuried a rough dt175 and whilst inspection i have found that the bore is on 66.25mm but someone has put a shorter gudgeon pin in. should i replace the piston as well as the small end

many thanks charlie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have recently accuried a rough dt175 and whilst inspection i have found that the bore is on 66.25mm but someone put a 125 small end in. should i replace the piston as well as the small end

many thanks charlie

Hi welcome to the forum.

What exactly do you mean by the 125 small end. Its the same bearing on both 125 and 175.

Do you mean the gudgeon pin is shorter?

i have recently accuried a rough dt175 and whilst inspection i have found that the bore is on 66.25mm but someone has put a shorter gudgeon pin in. should i replace the piston as well as the small end

many thanks charlie

If the engine is stock i really dont think it is something to worry over. By all means swap to the proper pin.

Are you sure its a 175 motor, the pin suggests that a 175 top end has been put onto a 125. Nothing to worry about as they are all but identical save for a clutch plate and some carb differences, it might be worth checking the engine frame number prefixes.

AT2 is the 125,

CT1 is the 175.

checked the engine number and it turns out that the bottom end is 125 and the top 175. is there any differences in the ignition system

thanks charlie

checked the engine number and it turns out that the bottom end is 125 and the top 175. is there any differences in the ignition system

thanks charlie

Nope, identical to the last, even the plug is the same.