Help.. Cam tuning

mob
This post is 5373 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm new to this forum.. I don't where to put this topic so I just post it here.

I have a yamaha jupiter z. Its a single cylinder, 4 stroke moped with 110cc at stock. But I have tuned it a little. I bored up the cylinder block to 167cc and change the cylinder head squish with bigger valve. Now I have a problem on the camshaft tuning. The cam profile before was 70-50/80-60. While using this cam, my motorcycle didn't have power after 6000 or 7000 RPM (I don't know for sure because there was no tachometer in this motorcycle)

Then I reshaped it into 70-50/70-60. The power around 6000 or 7000 rpm is better but still don't have enough power to reach 8000 RPM. Do anyone has a suggestion for this matter? What do you think about the cam profile? is it has too long duration?

Btw, the lift for the inlet valve is 8.6mm and the exhaust is 8.4mm. I'm using 31mm inlet valve and 25mm exhaust valve.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online