plastic tank for dt ?

johnpan
This post is 5214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I have a DT200R 1994 and I need to find a plastic tank that will fit, in order to reduce some weight. I asked acerbis and Clarke makers, but they won't be sure some of theirs will fit. The bike seems like a WR200 -the one WITH lights- but it has different tank and seat... Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I remember the time when my friend looking for a good plastic tank that would be appropriate to his DT200R 1994. He bought his plastic tank on Ebay, but I think, this is out of stock right now. My suggestion is you can search everyday in Ebay to be updated on what you are looking for. seo services

I remember the time when my friend looking for a good plastic tank that would be appropriate to his DT200R 1994. He bought his plastic tank on Ebay, but I think, this is out of stock right now. My suggestion is you can search everyday in Ebay to be updated on what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply. Do you remember / can you find out what exactly your friend was looking for? How did he know it would fit? What model did he look for? dt200r never came with a plastic tank.

From a personall point of view i think its a daft idea, but acerbis do make plastic tanks for the YZ of the same year.

Could be worth a look.

Forgive me if im wrong!

Petrol in a plastic tank, is this a good idea?

Would the tank not expand and contract in hot and cold conditions?

Would you ever be able to get a good seal where the fuel tap is on it?

Would you get a lot of condinsation on the inside if the weather was warm?

Would it not loose is shape as petrol and plastic dont realy get on well to-geather?

Would it not have to have realy thick walls to stop all of the above from happening and in doing so this might make it actually heavier than the origional steel tank?

Maby im wrong in my thinking and if so please correct me!

Me.....I wouldnt want one..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online