Bike run in support of Wootton Bassett.

Shep639
This post is 5301 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i'll be down there, swindon is easily within the capability of the DT but hopefully will have done my full test practicals by then (got put on hold during xmas because of the weather :( )any idea what time it is?

i'll be down there, swindon is easily within the capability of the DT but hopefully will have done my full test practicals by then (got put on hold during xmas because of the weather :( )any idea what time it is?

From the Facebook page.

Sunday 14th March 2010

The ride will be starting at Leigh Delamere Service Station J17 (eastbound) of the M4. Please start arriving from 10:30am.

Each rider will pay £5 and receive an Afghan Heroes wristband, which will be their entry pass to RAF Lyneham. The lead riders will be leaving at 12 noon promptly. The route will be along the M4 to J16 before heading along the A-Roads towards Wootton Bassett. We will be riding through at a slow speed before continuing along to RAF Lyneham. We are honored that they are opening their gates for us and refreshments will be available.

All those attending RAF Lyneham will require to pre register giving Name, Address, DOB and Bike Registration. This is to enable security clearance to be carried out by the RAF. REGISTRATION CLOSES MONDAY 15TH FEBRUARY 2010. Anyone who does not register WILL NOT be allowed onto RAF Lyneham.

Registration will be through a secure site, this will be posted out on Monday.

We will be riding to RAF Lyneham where there will be a presentation to hand over the funds raised for the Afghan Heroes Charity, set up last September by a group of mothers who lost their sons in Afghanistan.

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY BIKERS WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE RIDE WHO HAVEN’T REGISTERED ON FACEBOOK CAN YOU ENSURE THAT THEY REGISTER ON THE SECURE SITE.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Lizzie Danny and Julia

oh okay, seeing as its a RAF affair do i need to bring military ID?, and would i have to authorise this with my CO?

looks like its either the Jawa or the XJ as i cant take the DT on the motorway ¬¬

It's not an RAF do, the CO of Lyneham has agreed that the run can finish there.

OK, you could get in on your RAF ID, but I suspect it would be quicker on the day if you sign in on the Facebook site, (the signup page for security should be up tomorrow) and you'll need to start at the services to get your "pass."

Dunno about needing your CO's OK, I used to visit all sorts of bases, especially at mealtimes!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys please check this one out ,i live locally and the rumour has it the old plod are trying (or have)cancelled this event, firstly dont take my word for it, but the word on the street is the old bill say they cannot cope with such numbers, i would be the first there (on my BLUE virgin R1) best bike ever but i have to bl**dy work, regards rolls

That's ok, rollsroyce, we won't take your word for it.

From the organizers.

We have received info from the ride Marshals regarding the agreed route. Please see below:

The Mothers day ride to Wootton Bassett will start on the runway of Hullavington Airfield (A429) undertaking the following route: A429 (NW to Burton Hill), B4042 (Priory Roundabout to Callows Cross), Callow Hill to White Hill Lane then A3102 through to Wootton Bassett. The ride will then go to Coped Hall (A3102) roundabout for dispersal. There will be dispersal routes clearly signed for those travelling to the North, South, East and West.

To minimise local disruption and tail backs on to the M4, riders will be requested to stagger their arrival times. An interactive web site has been setup that will enable riders to not only input their ETA but also choose an off- peak time for their arrival. This will go online soon. We aim to limit our maximal arrival rate to 2000 per hour starting at 8.00am which should prevent tailbacks and stationary vehicles on the M4. We will provide alternative routes, if you require them, for those arriving from the east (via J15) and those coming from the West (J17) to decrease the ‘load’ on J17. The ride will run continuously from 11.00am until all registered riders have passed through Wootton Bassett.

A slow release rate from Hullavington Airbase should mean that riders will clear the dispersal point without grid locking Wootton Bassett. All registered riders will soon receive, by email, a rider’s information pack containing all the relevant information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online